This City Never Sleeps
Saturday, June 18, 2005 @ The sad and tiring journey
Bought myself a copy of Annie Lennox's Diva at Chinatown today. (Told Yao Ming that if the shop is still open when bus 33 drive pass, we will drop down and buy Annie's album. In the end, the shop closed by the time the bus drives pass the shop. You can imagine how late the discussion ends.) And for those who did not know what is Diva all about, it's Annie's 1st album.

Dressed like a real diva (imagine those feather hats, or rather how those drags dressed up for Mardi Gras), the album keeps me happy for the whole day. Because, this week is a tiring week, in physical, mental and emotion.

First all of, on Mon nite, my grandpa called mum, telling mum that my grandaunt (aka my grandpa's sister) passed away at 3am on Mon am. The last time i see her, it was about several months ago. She was suffering from colon cancer and it was on the last stage. Before that, breast cancer knocks on her door. When i talked to Mei Shuen about it, she told me that mabey leaving this world would help to lessen her pain.

Yeah, i agree. She has been suffering so much pain during treatment. Hope that she will be happy in another world.

Secondly, the class is rushing the proposal. With the proposal, i focus on my work than missing her, cos i don't want to get distracted by so many things. We have to edit, edit and more edit. So, it is a physical and mental challange on us.

Thirdly, Tash left Singapore this am. He left me a sms before he left:
'Hello...i'm going off liao...you take care of yourself wor. This no will cease use now.... Cos i'm passing this line to a college. Bye bye lar.' We do not even have a time to arrange for our chocolate date, and we just say sayonara over the phone. Looks like if i gotta meet him, that would only be possible when both of us are in either KL or S'pore.

But at least, the 2hr online chat keeps us awake, making us knowing each other better.

Getting Diva is better than getting Annie's recent album, Bare. Cos Bare is rather sad. Having Diva by my side, it tells me that life is not really that sad after all.

Legend in the Living Room - Annie Lennox

When i ws just 17 i ran away from home.
To be with all the pretty people.
To be on my own.

Bright lights and trains and bedsit stains
And pavements paved with gold.
And i believed in everything that everything that soon everybody told me.

Have mercy
Have mercy upon me.

I found myself in a lonely place with a suitcase full of dreams
and i soon to grow up to realise what living in the doghouse means
But everyday i told myself good things would happen soon
'Cause i knew that i was going to be a legend in my living room.

Have mercy
Have mercy upon me.(Welcome to this perfect world)

Now everyday on a dead end street is where i spend my time.
The dust has been collectiong on the corners of my mind. But i shed my tears in bitter drops
until the thorn trees bloomed
To take the spiky fruit to corwn myself
the Queen of Doom.

Have mercy
Have mercy upon me.

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...