This City Never Sleeps
Friday, April 06, 2007 @ The Crying Game
OK, i must say (or admit, more rather) that i didn't look forward to my 22nd birthday.

The tagline of Quinceanera says: Fifteen is not so sweet.

Veinte dos años de viejo no son tan dulces.

As time move on, i am moving towards my 23rd birthday, which makes me wonder: should i look forward to it? (Anyway, i will be busy with NDP 08 preparation next year.)

Get myself the 1st few pairs of contact lenses, and i do feel different. How different? Just that i am seeing things clearer, but i do not need a spectacle. Sometimes, i really afraid that the lenses might just glued to the eye cornea (and this happens to a lady in Taiwan after wearing some cheap coloured contact lenses for more than 14 hours.) when i had some difficulty removing the lenses.

The fear that accompanies the increasing of age has come. I always lament to my warrant officer and sergeant major that i am old. They rebutted: if i am old, then what are they?

And there are moments i feel that as i age, i tend to share views that are very very different from my peers. Imagine i am talking to my colleagues on Tsai Ming Liang's view of movies...

Me: Tsai said in his seminar that he was watching Blood Diamond on the plane, and he almost feel like puking after watching it.
Colleague: I am going to puke if i watch his film. Does he think that he direct a very good movie? And does many think that they understand and love his film?
Me: .........

That makes me so out and different from my peers. I remember when everybody is flocking to theatres seeing Jackie Chan VS Daniel Wu in New Police Story in 2004, i choose to see Penelope Cruz and Sergio Castello finding solace with each other in Non Ti Muovere, an Italian drama. While my platoon mate said how exciting Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift are, i opt for U-Carmen eKhayelitsha at The Picturehouse, an African adaptation of Carmen the musical. While Clarence finds Desperate Housewifes okay to him, i prefer Sex and the City. While CSI is the main choice of an hour of suspense weekly, i go for the re-run of David Lynch's Twin Peaks.

Mabey i am getting out of place from this society soon. : (

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...