This City Never Sleeps
Friday, May 04, 2007 @ I Don't Want To Sleep Alone...
Am writing this blgo together with my hot Cadbury chocolate, a thick chocolate sauce coated icing on a blueberry muffin and Goldfrapp's Black Cherry playing on the computer.





The Comfort Food that i need for this week. Both physical and mental, body and soul.





The previous few weeks has been pretty hectic when it comes to work. Work is tiring, and it is draining my body...





And do u know that i've been spending the previous few weekends alone?? Attending the gala premier of I Don't Want to Sleep Alone on my birthday gives me the answer: I am not alone.


4 is a company, so i am not alone.

Not only do i have dark eye rings around the eyes (which makes me look like a protected animal from China), but also a sense of loneliness has been invading me for a long long time.

At work, i am feeling tired often. I always tell myself: hey, mabey i lack sleep. But, after reading an article on Lianhe Zaobao, i suspected that it might not be some genes or illnesses found only on the lazybums. Lack of sleep and feeling sleepy all times can lead to serious health damage if one fails to notices it.

Emotionally, i feel drained out, like a peaches removed from a can of peach soaked in syrup. I was wondering am i being ostracised by my peers just because i have unique preference when it comes to leisure. When my RP Spect asked me if i want to go for Spiderman 3, my buddy told him: David wants Summer Palace instead.

Yes, people would rather pay $9.50 to see spidey flying around the city to fight against the villians around him (including the darker side of himself) than seeing university students from China fighting for their freedom which ends with bloodshed during the Tiananmen incident in 1989. Give the choice of being entertained for 140 mins than thinking for 140 mins, which one would you choose? I, personally, opt for the latter.

While my peers says 300 is fantastic, i finds it average. Now, am i a martian from outer space?

Let me slash out summary of movies catched in cinemas during 07':

Borat: 7/10

Blood Diamond: 7/10 (Tsai Ming Liang almost puked at Edward Zwick's thought provoking drama)

Pan's Labyrinth: 8/10

Sex and Lucia: 7/10

Babel: 8/10

The Last King of Scotland: 7/10

Little Children: 8/10

Protege: 7/10 (could score higher if presented uncut.)

Volver: 7/10 (Almodovar could have done better)

Breaking and Entering: 6/10

I Don't Want to Sleep Alone: 8/10 (ordinary folks would fall asleep)

300: 5/10

20CM: 6/10

Nightmare Detective: 6/10

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...