This City Never Sleeps
Saturday, November 07, 2009 @ So many days later...
I updated my blog. Was preparing for exams, thus I spend most of my time drowning on ER, PM, HMT and HRM. One issue that SIM-RMIT missed was they provide no tutorial, and everything are lecture based. Thus, you do not learnt things very much and you are to handle questions which requires you to come out with an answer that is essay based. In the end, I created a crash course to run through all the topics to ensure that I know the questions and answers, so as to avoid any undesirable results.

And thank you very much to all of the study mates: Xiaoran (Small), Kok Yi (Big), Ratna and Yanting. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated. =)

After absent myself from cinemas for several weeks, I decided to retreat myself back into cinema again on a Sat night (for Mediacorp Ch 8 are playing the dubbed in bombastic yet horrendous Mandarin version of Police and Thief) Movie of the choice is not MJ's documentary feature, This Is It, or Glen Goei's horrendous Singapore production, The Blue Mansion, where you have a cast of drama play professionals that make the movie looks like a drama play.



Johnnie To's Vengeance is the choice that I made (another will be Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story) The delayed release of Vengeance (from late Aug to eary Nov, due to obtaining a lower rating from R21 to M18) has made me decided to remove Vengeance out of the list of movies I will watch in cinema. However, a surprising decision made by Board of Film Censors makes me put it back to the choice of movie that I will watch. It has ALLOWED to be released in CANTONESE and ENGLISH (which is impossible to see it in Singapore cinemas.) As I mentioned to Xiaoran, if Jack Neo and Royston Tan's Singapore production can be released in Hokkien and Mandarin, why barred Johnnie To's movie in Cantonese to be screen in Singapore?

As expected, it is your typical To's style of gunfighting thriller, except casting Johnny Hallyday, the French rock star as the leading cast. It is something new that one do not usually get to see.

When the Censorship Review Committee are looking into reviewing censorship guidelines soon, it is time to revise the stringent policy for R21 movies and Chinese productions in dialects. If Jack and Royston can dance and sing in Hokkien, we should also be given the freedom to catch a decent Hong Kong production in Cantonese.

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...