This City Never Sleeps
Friday, January 06, 2006 @ Power To The Meek
'Power to the meek, power to the speak, i got the power within me. Yea Yea'

- Eurythmics

And Dr William Tan, the polio stricken doctor who create several records on marathons using his wheelchair, is creating a world record in TP, by running round the trackfield for 24 hours. It just ended at 6.45pm.

There was no news about the outcome, but i believed, he has created a world record, and broke the record for myself.

I gladly participated as one of the runners this morning, andomne word to describe running round the track for 21 rounds (or 7kms) in a hour:

exhilarating.

Somehow, i told myself, i must run more than 3 rounds (cos in this event, runners must run minimum 3 rounds, which makes up to 1km.) and i told myself, do not give up.

As i thought my body will start failing me from the 4th round onwards, amazingly no. As what Annie Lennox performed in Power To The Meek, i feel the power has gotten into my body, and i got the power within me. From 3 rounds, i extend it to 6, then 10, then 15, and eventually 21 rounds.

It seems that the batch of TP Biz students who keep on cheering at themselves with slogans failed themselves with a mere 3 rounds.

I was wondering: what is the power that drives me to my extend? Could it be 1) Dr Tan's perseverance? We smiled at one another at some rounds. 2) the pretty chick who encourage me when passing me the ice cream sticks as a signal of running for a round or 3) the rain?

After checking out of the event, met Yao Ming (who is also one of the event orgainser) and he told me that he run for 24 rounds last nite. (gasp!)

24...if i know earlier, i will run 25 rounds by hook or by crook.

While reading Cindy's blog, she mentioned about her visit to Shaw Preview Theatre at Scotts Road, which is right above Lido Cineplex, for the screening of The Dark. Her comment on the Preview Centre: it is an old school theatre, where the seats are leather seats that is used thousands of years ago. Movie starts punctually, and no cup holders, so no snacks and drinks consumed.

Well, dearest Cindy, the preview centre is a place where if i not wrong, it is used for film distributors to have a preview of the films first before deciding to buy the film. So, no posh seats, no cup holders. hehe

Anyway, your valuable pics has given me an idea of how does the Preview Theatre looks like. Thank U Ciin. =)

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...