This City Never Sleeps
Sunday, September 28, 2008 @ Shopping Woody Allen Gay Songs
As I stated in the previous post, many sale are coming to Singapore, and with that limited amount of moolahs, it is a challenge to SHOP as you SAVE.

So I went to Isetan Private Sale at Shaw House on Thurs, and unsurprisingly, the department store was filled with endless streams of long queues and packed with big big big big big crowds...so it becomes a challange to to get what you want, while you have to find a suitable spot to 1) try out your clothes and 2) pay for your stuff.

After roaming in the Men's Department for 20 minutes, I got myself a box of brand new Renoma briefs in the latest design, plus a funny looking tees from Springfield. It's a design of a big question mark, with several cartoon designs. All at 30% off, not forgetting that both are latest designs on the market. (How I wish Calvin Klein Steel briefs will be selling at 50% off. 30% discount doesn't seems too much help with it. But hey, do the math: $45x70% = $31.50 for a Steel briefs can't be too bad.)

While hoping that I could get myself some Armani Exchange tees or shirts, it is a mission impossible for me, since the mad crowd are roaming towards the A/X at max. 80% off discount. So how bad is the crowd? You can guess.

2 days later, I returned back to Shaw House with Shyam to catch Woody Allen's latest comedy, Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Rebecca Hall and Scarlett Johansson plays Vicky and Cristina, who are good friends flying to Barcelona for a vacation. They were approached by Juan Antonio (potrayed by the now more handsome looking Javier Bardam), an Spanish artist. He invited the 2 best friends for a menage a trois. Vicky rejects the request, but draws the attention of the sexually adventurous Cristina. And soon it becomes a complicated love affair when Antonio's ex-wife (by my favourite Penelope Cruz!) enters their life after a failed attemp of suicide.

Verdict: not so bad afterall. Allen is going back to the old ways of directing his previous productions, which surrounds theories of life (think his old film such as Annie Hall, Stardust Memories, Manhattan, Hannah and her Sisters) compared to his recent approach of his film (Match Point, Cassandra's Dream.) Duration is just right, with loads of narration which makes the film easy to follow. And why do I say duration is just right? You will never see a movie by Allen that will last more than 2 hours, except Match Point. Most of his films are under 1hour and 30mins.

Went to HMV after that, and Shyam recommended me this singer which one of her song are is banned in Singapore: Katy Perry. What's the song? I kissed a girl.

I guess you know what I am trying to say. Now I am wondering: is her You're so Gay banned on the radio as well?

I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
Is our leaders still choose to pretend not to see the fact that homosexuality is getting more and more common in Singapore? Years back, Prime Minster Goh Chok Tong says: this country do not mind gay civil servants. But are gays and lesbians getting the equal rights shared with the heterosexual today?

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...