This City Never Sleeps
Saturday, August 05, 2006 @ Holiday
As i am writing this entry, i am enjoying my 1 week holiday (at least that is what my buddy Chong says so.) The fact is, this is not a official 1 week holiday given by SAF.

I nearly had Platoon Sgt Yong and myself killed yesterday. The price to save 2 person in that split second of explosion of live grenade: dislocation on my right knee. Now, i had to walk with the support of the crutches.

And this is what happens: when it was my turn to throw live grenade at the hand grenade field, i pulled out a grenade and throw. I have to bend down when it was about to explode. However, after throwing the grenade and i was squatting down, my right knee dislocated. 5 seconds later, the grenade exploded.

I was send to the MO immediately by OC Sir and Sir Iswadi on the rover. On the road to the MO, OC Sir says: don't worry, at least you had completed all of the major events and tests.

Was send to Changi General Hospital after taking X-ray in the MO. Sgt Aelson send me and another recruit from Ulyssys to the hospital. And after going thru the doctor, the result shows that my right knee cap has shift slightlky upwards. Thus, i need to go for therapy next week.

Now, i know i am going to miss lots of things: photo taking session, SOC, and mabey IPPT.

In this state, i must say: i've never been in that shitty position before. But i tell myself, i must complete and make it thru this BMT phase.

Another 4 weeks to go...

Now playing: Sparring Partner - Paolo Conte

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...