This City Never Sleeps
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 @ A Song For A Friend
Miles across the sea
I was in a lonely island
Filled with hostility and coldness
When i thought my world has come to an end
You are a beam of light that shone on me
Giving me hope in desperation.

Back to the mainland
Planes flew over me
And when i look up the sky
I think of you
Can't forget the days we're being together
Where love is beyond expression of words.

I know you care, but why do you not love me?
For me, that was a bitter pill to swallow
Why can't we be together
And fly away to a whole new world
Where nothing can hold us back?
'Never mind, we can still be friends.' I told myself

Back on my way home
Pass by the street lights that shone
on the dark and lonely road
And i think of you
when you are back on your way home
Can you feel what i feel when you are back on your way home ?

Days of pain will be soon be gone
Awaits me are new challanges on a rocky road
Before the journey
Can you hold my hand once again?
So that we'll walk on the road together
With support of one another
Towards the rainbow
Of you and me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just finished John Fante's Ask the Dust in my last few days of Tekong, and can't believed that some parts of the novel were not included in the film. It's a bit disappointing, but nevertheless, the screen version deserves a credit for turning the novel into such a beautiful motion picture.

Arturo lost Vera in LA Earthquake, and eventually the girl who he loved, Camilia, to marijuana, madness and eventually TB.

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...