This City Never Sleeps
Thursday, August 31, 2006 @ A Quill and a Piece of Paper / A Keyboard and a LCD Screen
Both helps to satisfy my constant cravings for writing.

Do not know why and from when onwards, i've seem to have the urge to write. Yeah, write, write and more writing. Writing allows me to express my feelings and thoughts around me. Never did i had such a urge to fufilled since i am enlisted close to 3 months ago. Yeah, i am graduating from Basic Military Training next Tues.

In camp, i wrote on paper and a ballpoint pen. But ballpoint pen gives no kick, thus i switch to Pliot Hi-Techpoint V5 (nah, those pen where lots of ink will flow out if you stood there and hesitate while writing. To be exact, it is those kind of pen that you used in secondary school.)

Tried to penned down a novel, but do not know how to continue. Thus i wrote a plot for a drama play, and a song.

Used my keyboard and LCD Screen, and that's as good as holding the key to access the world: movies, novels, writing, music, sex, crimes...Give me a hot chocolate/vanilla latte/chamomile tea with a chocolate peanut butter sandwich/chocolate walnut scones/lotus seed paste pastry with half an salted egg yolk and i could sit on the chair, facing the computer for hours. The difference is, i blog. I do not penned down a novel/poetry or any kinds of literature works on computer, except those that i've written on paper and wants them to be transferred to the screen.

Pegasus Coy had their company night last night. Danny, Yingxiang and Adil performed The Eagle's Hotel California for the whole company, and it won appaluses and cheers from the whole company. Never did i expected that Platoon 3 had tonnes of hidden music talents!! While few days ago, Yingxiang and Teck Soon was chatting on the dinner table and TS told us that a recruit from the previous batch performed Damien Rice's Cannonball.



Damien Rice... His The Blower's Daughter draws my attention to this Irish born singer, where The Blower's Daughter eventually ends up the theme song for Mike Nicolas's Closer. It's a disappointment that i did not go for his concert in March this year.

I sink myself into Blower's Daughter.
Cannonball makes me intoxicated
Tears flows from my eyes when i listen to Amie.

Amie
nothing unusual nothing strange
close to nothing at all
the same old scenario the same old rain
and there's no explosions here
then something unusual something strange
comes from nothing at all
i saw a spaceship fly by your window
did you see it disappear?

amie come sit on my wall & read me a story of old
tell it like you still believe that the end of the century
brings a change for you and me
nothing unusual nothing's changed
just a little older that's all

you know when you've found it there's something i've learned'
cause you feel it when they take it away hey hey
then something unusual something strange
comes from nothing at all
but i'm not a miracle and you're not a saint
just another soldier on a road to nowhere

amie come sit on my wall & read me a story of old
tell it like you still believe that the end of the century
brings a change for you and me

amie come sit on my wall & read me the story of o
tell it like you still believe that the end of the century
brings a change for you and me

Somewhere around the corner in the city lies a man with some past...
Previous Post Archives

that leads one to...